Friday, 12 December 2008

alcoholism.... part II

Well as it happens I started drinking at a friends house, but we made a huge mistake of having dinner before deciding to head to our local luminar venue. We had a fairly sophisticated (we're students remember) meal, with a salad starter and a huge amount of pasta and meat for the main. It was all rather relaxing, and we all ate far too much, and drank far too little. We then made our second wrong decision of the night by sitting down in-front of the TV to watch a bit of comedy (Al Murray I believe, irony). This didn't particularly help as we all became quite subdued and relaxed, it was clear that we would not end up heading out.

Throughout the night particular 'stages' happened, from the sitting down, to the getting the duvets to keep warm, to the lying down on the couches, to the drinking of tea... at this point, I did suggest 'what time shall we leave' to a look of no chance, and I believe a snore, from the other party. 

I must be getting old as this was the perfect end to the term...

No comments: